Minutes of the meeting held on 27 March 2019 at 1:00pm at BGU
1 Present: Allan Crease, Brian Porter, Anne Atkinson, Jill Wadsley, Charles Simpson, Stewart Kerrison, Marilyn Taylor, Sam Marples, Jason Ware, Lynne McEwan, Jane Young, Avril Golding, Nigel Hooper
2 Apologies: Mick Jones, Zoe Tomlinson, Nikki Goldblatt, Jo Gray, Kelly Corlett-Slater
3 Minutes of 13 March 2019 were accepted as a true record.
The LAG account : £205.66 and the Project Account: £3395.05, which leaves a project deficit of £380 against its budget.
5 Harpswell Dig
- Required Purchases: After checking the contents of the boxes and accepting the offers of items from members it was noted that there was a need to purchase small finds bags, wooden clothes pegs and permatrace. Action: AC/SK
- Registers and Context sheets will be provided by CS and JY has offered to loan a supply of finds trays.
- BGU will undertake geophysics on 9th April with priority being given to the mound area.
- The Tatums will need to be contacted to determine that derogation of the Stewardship agreement has been granted by DEFRA, that they can advise on the location of tents, trenches, parking and can confirm that the grass will be mowed. Action: AA
- SM reported that so far 17 people had signed up for the dig with from 4 to 8 available on each day of the dig.
- It was Agreed that the Set Up day for the dig would be Wednesday 10th April. Meet at BGU at 9.30am. SK kindly offered the use of his trailer to shift equipment. Action: All
6 Pottery Workshop
Volunteers to be at Hemswell Village Hall at 9.15am Action: SK/JillW/AA/AEC
7 Graffiti Update
BP reported that he had put 33 church records on to the Lincolnshire HER.
8 Tables from Network Archaeology: SK reported that we are still awaiting some communication from NA.
9 Adam Daubney’s temporary secondment to manage The Collection was reported by BP. Dr Lisa Brundle will continue as the FLO during the secondment period until a permanent appointment is made to the post at The Collection.
10 Date of Next Meetings
Wednesday 8th May at 1.00pm